- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 3 flat anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves – thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbs capers – salt packed
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs italian parsley – finely chopped
- ½ cup grated cheese – your favorite
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the small broccoli florets until tender – about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon or a kitchen spider, transfer the florets to a large bowl.
- Return the water to a boil and add the pasta, cooking just until al dente.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop together the anchovies, garlic and capers and add to the bowl with the broccoli and toss.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tbs of olive oil over medium-high heat, add the broccoli mixture.
- Cook stirring frequently for a few minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water when draining pasta.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Add the broccoli mixture, pasta water and remaining tablespoon of oil and the parsley.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust. Serve in bowls and pass the cheese.