The Ricotta Cheese Sfinci (Sicilian Fried Dough). The recipe of “Sfinci” is one of the oldest, typical Sicilian recipes.
Sicilian people, as all southerner people, go crazy for frying and during Carnival they prepare thousands of yummy recipes.
These Sicilian cookies are small pieces of fried dough enriched with nuggets of raisins or ricotta cheese and then fried in hot oil.
There are several variants, some of these also add boiled potatoes in the dough.
This is the most classic version with a simple mixture of water, sugar, flour and ricotta cheese.
Try them, they are delicious, you will not stop eating!
- 17.64 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 spoons of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Place all ingredients together in a bowl and mix them with a mixer or by hand until you get a solid and firm consistency.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Then take the dough with the tip of a spoon and push it with your finger in a saucepan filled with boiling oil.
- Let them cook until they have a goldish aspect.
- Sprinkle them with sugar and serve your Ricotta Cheese Sfinci.