The Ricotta Almond Loaf cake with Strawberry Glaze.
A simply deliciously sweet with or without the glaze.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups ricotta – whole milk, drained
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extrace or 1 tsp almond extract – your choice
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ sticks butter – unsalted
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs – room temperature
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Grease and flour a A 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl add flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.
- In your mixer cream together, ricotta, sugar, and butter with the paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure each egg is well combined before adding next. It may look curdled but will even out once flour mixture is added. Add vanilla and mix in well.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, scraping down the sides as you continue to mix on low speed and then switch to medium speed for about 20 seconds.
- Add slivered almonds and stir with spatula to mix in.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and tap on counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated over for 15 minutes at 350º. Lower heat to 325º, rotate pan 180º and continue cooking until the edges start to pull away from the sides, the top is golden brown, the middle is set and a tester comes out clean, about 40 – 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. This is a soft cake so if it is still warm give it a little more time to cool.
- When ready, loosen edges, release from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- When ready to serve, slice and top with Strawberry Glaze.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water – or juice from pureed berries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hull and wash the berries. Crush enough berries to make a 1 ¼ cups of puree.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the sugar and the cornstarch. Add the water and stir to dissolve.
- Add the berry puree to the saucepan and bring to a rapid boil. Stirring constantly allow the mixture to boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon juice. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before pouring over cake slices.