This prosciutto and cheese eggplant rollatini is another delicious Italian recipe for all eggplants lovers.
Here’s a delicious appetizer variation of a classic Italian dish: pan-fried eggplant is rolled up with cheese and prosciutto.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz goat or Fontina cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 1 pkg (3 oz) Sliced Prosciutto (Crudo), halved
- Slice eggplant into 12 slices, 1/8-inch thick. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook eggplant in batches, turning once, for 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate; let cool.
- Combine goat cheese, chives, lemon juice and lemon zest. Lay eggplant slices on clean work surface; dollop goat or Fontina cheese mixture evenly over eggplant and top with roasted red peppers and prosciutto.
- Roll up gently.
- Place, seam side down, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake in 400°F oven for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Tip: To slice eggplant, use mandolin with safety guard.