The Profiteroles with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce. This version of the classic French cream puff will delight your family or guests.
SERVING: Serves 12
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ice cream (any flavor)
- 6 ounces (6 squares) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease baking sheet; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine water, butter and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to melt the butter.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add flour; stir until combined.
- Cook over low heat 30 to 60 seconds, or until dough comes away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons into 12 mounds, 3 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire rack.
- To serve, using a serrated knife, cut off the tops of each puff; remove any soft dough from inside with a fork or spoon.
- Fill each puff with ice cream; replace the top of the puff.
- Place chocolate in medium bowl. In small saucepan, combine cream and butter.
- Bring cream mixture to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and pour hot cream mixture over chocolate.
- Let mixture stand for 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth.
- Serve warm, drizzled over profiteroles.