The Potata Pobres or Poor Man’s Potatoes
Despite the name, these potatoes, which are simply sliced, sauteed and sprinkles with garlic and parsley, are a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tb. minced parsley
- 1 tb. garlic – minced
- Peel the potatoes and slice 1/8-inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- When good and hot, reduce to medium high and arrange a single layer of potatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Turn the potatoes with a metal spatula to coat the potatoes all over with the oil.
- Add another layer of potatoes and salt and turn to coat. Repeat with the remining potatoes.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, turning once, until the potatoes are tender – about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the garlic and parsley.
- Potata Pobres can now be served.