Chicken Lemon has always been a favorite with my family.
The char broiled lemony flavor of this dish served with roasted lemon and herb potatoes will be a hit for any occasion.
- 4 chicken breasts on the bone
- 4 thighs
- 4 legs
- 4 wings
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 Tbls dried oregano
- 4 lemons
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Thoroughly wash and dry all chicken pieces.
- Cut 2 lemons into round slices.
- Salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken meat side up in a nice glass casserole dish.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, parsley.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle some oregano all over chicken and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Turn the chicken over and sprinkle more oregano on top then refrigerate for about another hour.
- After the chicken marinates for a while place under the broiler for about 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken around and broil for about another 20 minutes while basting with the oil and juice mixture.
- Top with lemon slices.
- Towards the end watch carefully and try and get the skin of the chicken a nice crisp blackened look to it. Not burned but just enough to give it a great flavor.