The Pinzimonio or Vegetable raw sauce. Pinzimonio is classic Italian way to enjoy all the wonderful Mediterranean vegetables.
SERVING: Serves 4
- 1 cucumber
- 1 fennel
- 8 radishes
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 red pepper
- 2 endives
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena to taste
- Natural Sea Salt with Blood Orange Zest to taste
- Wash, trim and cut the vegetables according to their type: the carrots, celery, cucumbers and pepper should be cut into sticks.
- Cut the fennel and endive apart into sections.
- Remove the roots and leaves from the radishes, making sure to leave a little bit to the stems, which will prove useful for picking them up with your fingers later.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: pour 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar (per person) in a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix well with a fork.
- Then add 3 or 4 times the amount of oil as vinegar, depending on your personal taste.
- Divide the vinaigrette among smaller, individual bowls that will be served to each of your guests for dipping the vegetables before eating them.
Source: Academia Barilla