Here is the Penne Al Baffo – the amazing Italian creamy recipe. An excellent Sunday dish but also to be served on festive days or on special occasions.
Preparing it will always be a party and you will certainly make everyone very happy.
Servings: Serves 4
- 14.10 oz Penne pasta;
- 1 onion;
- 4.23 oz of cooked ham (Prosciutto Cotto);
- 3.52 oz of mushrooms (champignon or other type); (optional)
- 1 cup of tomato sauce;
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or half and half cream;
- extra virgin oil;
- Take the onion, then peel it, removing the two outer and usually harder layers and chop them very finely according to your tastes. If you prefer to feel it inside the dish chop it coarsely otherwise proceed for a finer result.
- Now take the cooked ham too and reduce it into thin strips.
- All you have to do is dedicate yourself to the mushrooms that will be deprived of the most earthy root, washed very carefully to remove traces of earth and then, to finish, reduced to small slices.
- At this point everything is ready to pass the cooking.
- Fry the onion in abundant extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan.
- Then add the ham as well and continue for another minute with the mushrooms.
- Then add the puree and let go adjusting salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Finish by adding the cream that will bind all the flavors together.
- At this point, boil plenty of salted water and add the penne when it has come to a boil.
- When the pasta is al dente drain it and add it to the inside of the pan in which you cooked the sauce and let it go for a few minutes to complete the cooking and allow the whole to blend perfectly.
- Only with the flame off add the parsley that you have previously chopped very finely.
Note: Penne al baffo should be consumed immediately to appreciate their creaminess.