Here is the awesome Pecan Cinnamon Bread. This loaf is delicious plain or with a light cream cheese frosting.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup pecans – roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup butter – room temperature
- 1 egg – room temperature
- Pinch of nutmeg – to taste
- ⅓ cup pecans – rough chopped
- 3 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon – or to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350º.
- Grease and flour a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan
- First make the topping by mixing in a small bowl the pecan, cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
Make the Bread:
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and set aside.
- In a large bowl set mixer on medium speed and beat the butter and sugar together, adding the sugar a little at a time while beating between additions, until light and creamy. Add the egg and continue beating for another few minutes until light.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture and gently mix just to combine but being careful to not overmix. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and top with ½ of the topping, smoothing it carefully over the bottom layer. Top with the remining batter and top with the remaining topping mixture spread out over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack and then turn out onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- The Pecan Cinnamon Bread is new ready to be served. Our family likes crunch. If you prefer less pecans, just eliminate the ¼ cup pecans spread out into the mixture.
NOTE: this loaf is delicious plain or with a light cream cheese frosting.