A Spectacular Pear, Walnut, And Gorgonzola Salad. This is a great salad for a luncheon.
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ cups romaine lettuce – torn
- 1 large firm pear – sliced
- 1 tbs butter
- walnuts – shelled and in large pieces
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese – crumbled
- Romaine should be torn into bite-size pieces.
- Combine the vinegar and oil, toss with the torn romaine and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the pear slices and walnuts.
- Saute’ until the pear slices are lightly browned.
- Add the pear slices and walnuts with the butter to the lettuce and toss lightly.
- Top with gorgonzola cheese.
- Pear Walnut and Gorgonzola Salad is now ready to be served!