The old fashioned Italian pasta fazool. Pasta e fagioli, pasta fazool or however you want to pronounce it, it still means love. I can’t begin to tell you how much I enjoy this great Italian soup.
Serve with a nice Chianti and a loaf of fresh Italian bread and you’re ready to begin a great relationship. Truly this one is worthy to be served on you table!
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 4 to 6 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 15oz cans of cannellini beans
- 2 150z cans of crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1 box of elbow or ditalini pasta
- Saute onions and garlic in a pot.
- Add the broth, wine and tomatoes and oregano.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add beans and reduce heat and let simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add pasta for around ten minutes until done.
- Cover and remove from heat and let it thicken up for around 30 minutes.
- Serve with that wine and bread or nice toasted garlic bread.
RECIPE FROM: http://www.great-chicago-italian-recipes.com/pasta_e_fagioli.html