The Italian baked pasta or pasta al forno is one of the most famous and delicious Italian dish.
Serving: serves 8
For the meatballs:
- 17.64 oz of ground beef;
- 2 eggs;
- 3.52 oz of breadcrumbs;
- 3.52 oz of grated Pecorino Romano cheese;
For the tomato sauce:
- 1 onion;
- 100 ml. extra virgin olive oil;
- 3 bottle of tomato sauce;
- 28 oz of can tomatoes;
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine;
- 17.64 oz of beef, cut into pieces
- 43 oz of pasta (penne or rigatoni);
- 17.64 oz of mozzarella cheese;
- 7 oz of mortadella slices;
- 7 oz of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Mix the ground beef with the eggs, breadcrumbs, pecorino cheese, salt.
- Shape into small meatballs and quickly fry in hot oil.
Making the sauce.
- Sautée the onion and the beef in olive oil.
- Add the white wine. Let evaporate.
- Add the tomatoes, the tomato sauce, salt and 2 glasses of water.
- Let cook for 3 hours.
Cooking the pasta:
- Cook pasta in boiled salted water for half of the cooking time.
- In a big bowl mix the pasta with a ladle of the sauce and pecorino cheese.
- In a baking dish put some sauce, make alternating layers of pasta, sauce, mozzarella, mortadella, the remaining cheese, meatballs.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 390 F.
- Turn on the grill the last 15 minutes.