One of the most delicious SARDINIAN Easter recipe!!
- 2 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 ½ oz sugar
- 400 all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 oz lard
- 1 pinch saffron
- orange zest , grated
- Prepare the pastry with 2.5 cups of flour, 2 egg whites, a spoonful of clarified pork fat and a pinch of salt.
- Put the Ricotta in a bowl with the sugar, yolks, saffron and orange peel and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- When the dough is ready, roll out into a thin sheet and cut out some disks about 3.2 inches in diameter.
- In the center of each disk put a dollop of filling and turn up the edges of the disk by pinching it at intervals to produce a round open container filled to the brim.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) until the filling becomes amber-colored.
- Dust with powdered sugar or honey before serving.
Source Academia Barilla