The Papassini or Almond & Walnut Cookies. A traditional sardinian cookie with irresistible flavor.
- 1 lb almonds , peeled
- 3 ½ oz walnut kernels
- 1 lb raisins
- 2 cups saba – cooked grape must
- Chop the almonds together with the walnuts, then add the raisins.
- Mix everything with the saba, or cooked grape must.
- Transfer everything to a pan and cook over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- Stir while cooking.
- Once the mixture is the right consistency, pour it out onto a damp work surface.
- Level out the mixture with a spatula.
- Use a knife to cut out rhombi or “papassinos.”
- Place the cookies on a tray.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let dry, covered with another baking dish, for a couple of days.