This deliciously simple olive cheese bread looks a lot more complicated than it is.
That makes it the perfect appetizer for your next dinner party.
Just top your bread with the ingredients, bake it, and grab a slice before it’s gone.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced lengthwise
- ½ pound Pitted Calamata Olives
- ½ pound Pitted California Sevillano Olives
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, roughly chopped
- 3 cups Provolone cheese, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Red pepper flakes
- Heat oven to 325°F. Roughly chop Calamata and Sevillano olives.
- Combine butter, mayonnaise, provolone and olives in a mixing bowl. Stir together until thoroughly combined.*
- Spread mixture thickly onto the bread. Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
*Mixture can be made in advance and refrigerated for up to two days.