The Old School Italian Meatballs. This is a family recipe passed down to me from my grandmother who got it passed down from her mother, and so on.
SERVING: Serves 25-30 meatballs
- 3/4 pound gr. sirloin
- 1/2 pound gr. veal
- 1/4-1/2 pounds gr. pork
- 1/2-1 cups Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, or more if you like things hot
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- salt and pepper as desired
- Splash of milk
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well with hands. If mixture is to dry add a splash or two of milk until you can form into balls.
- Place meatballs on a cookie sheet, or shallow baking dish.
- Bake meatballs in preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes depending on size, or until no longer pink.
- Enjoy your Old School Italian Meatballs.
Add homemade tomato sauce?
Try my fantastic recipe, click here!