Limoncello tiramisu is a fresh and delicious, this dessert sees the presence, among the main ingredients, of ladyfingers flavored with a delicate bath of this delicious liqueur, which manages to give an unmistakable aroma to the exquisite layers of cream made with Mascarpone.
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 5 farm-fresh whole eggs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped into stiff peaks
- 4 ounces Limoncello
- 4 ounces water
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package Ladyfingers cookies (Savoiardi)
- 1 lemon, zested (optional)
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites into two different bowls.
- Stir the yolks with the sugar and mascarpone until the mixture is pale and sugar dissolved.
- Separately, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a wooden spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture, and then gently fold in the whipped heavy cream.
- Pour the limoncello and the water into a wide bowl, and quickly dunk each cookie into it.
- Arrange about half of the cookies so that they completely cover the base of a shallow (1½-inch deep) rectangular (11-by 7- inch) dish.
- Cover the cookies with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Arrange another layer of soaked cookies, and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving the sweet Italian pick-me-up. If desired, top with lemon zest before serving.
- Limoncello tiramisu is now ready to be served!