American version of one of the most famous Italian dish.
Hundreds of home cooks agree that this slow cooker Italian sausage lasagna is the best and easiest way to make lasagna you’ll ever try.
Just pack the slow-cooker with four layers of sauce, noodles and cheese, then come home to crockpot lasagna four to six hours later.
- Prep 25 min
- Total 6 hr 35 min
- Servings 8
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain.Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmigiano cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture.Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture.Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.