The old fashioned Italian chicken spezzatino and potatoes. This is a very light dish, quick and easy to make without too many frills.
I quite like the way the zucchini almost goes completely pulpy, forming a kind of sauce.
SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 1¾ lb lean chicken meat, boned and neatly cubed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 medium parboiled potatoes, cubed
- 2 zucchini, cut into thick chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into small chunks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Carefully trim all the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish. Add the chicken and cook over a high heat, sprinkling it with the rosemary, garlic cloves, and salt and pepper until sealed and browned all over.
- When the chicken is well browned, add the wine and cook for an additional 5 minutes, then add the potatoes, zucchini, carrots, and the remaining oil.
- Stir well, then transfer the casserole dish to the oven and roast for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken and potatoes are brown and crisp on the outside. Serve immediately with a fresh green salad.
- Your chicken spezzatino is now ready to be served!