This Nonna’s Asparagus Frittata can be served with a light salad on the side. The way I like it is between two slices of warm Italian bread. Enjoy!
SERVING: 2 to 4 people
- 2 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls of butter
- 15 asparagus spears, cut into pieces
- 1 yellow onions, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 medium white potato, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh grated Romano cheese
- 9 inch springform pan
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir in the asparagus,onions and Peppers.
- Cover and cook stirring on occasion until the vegetables are tender and the potatoes are slightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a large bowl whish together the eggs, milk and cheese.
- Spray the springform pan with the cooking spray and cover the bottom with aluminum foil.
- Place the pan on a cookie tray.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the springform pan.
- Stir in the egg mixture and bake for approximately 40 minutes until the center is firm.
- When finished run a knife around the edge of the pan and release the sides.
- The asparagus frittata can now be served!