The no-bake peaches and cream cake. No need to turn the oven on for this delightful treat
filled with peaches and cream.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup butter – melted
- 3 tbs. sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar and stir to mix in well.
- Add the melted butter and stir until crumbs are evenly covered with the butter.
- Remove 1/3 of the crumbs and reserve for garnishing.
- Press the reaming crumbs on the bottom of a 9X13-inch pan. Refrigerate and prepare the remainder of the dessert.
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – or to taste
- 5 medium fresh peaches or more as needed, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese – softened
- 2 cups whipping cream – cold
- Prepare the peaches and set aside.
- In a large bowl or your electric mixer, mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese together until light and smooth. Add the vanilla and mix again until well blended.
- Slowly, with the mixer on low speed, add the heavy cream and beat slowly to avoid splatters, until the mixture is well combined. Increase to high speed and continue mixing until the mixture is very thick and fluffy.
- Spread slightly less than half of the cream filling over the crust, layer the sliced peaches over the cream.
- Drop spoonful of the remaining cream over the peach and carefully spread out to the edges. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over all.
- Chill for at least 3 hours and up to 8.
NOTE: If the peaches you are using turn out to be not as ripe as you thought and not as sweet, sprinkle with a little sugar and let sit for about 15 minutes. I have not tried canned peaches, but I have made this recipe with frozen peaches that I let thaw and drain a bit before adding on to the cream.