Nutella puffs, a warm, buttery, flaky dessert with a surprise inside.
Perfect with an espresso! An authentic Italian recipe from our kitchen to yours.
Total Time: 20 min + thawing time for frozen dough
– 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry dough, thawed (store bought)
– 12 tablespoons Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
– Flour for dusting
– Whipped cream (optional)
1. Remove one sheet of frozen puff pastry dough from the freezer and allow it to thaw according to package instructions.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Once the dough is thawed, on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 24 x 24 inch square.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut the sheet of dough into twelve (12) 2 x 2 inch squares.
5. Place each square in the well of a non-stick muffin baking pan, allowing the dough to take the shape of the cup.
6. Spoon one tablespoon of soft (but not melted) Nutella into each cup of dough.
7. Fold all corners of each piece of dough to the center of each well, partially covering the Nutella.
8. Place pan on the center rack of the oven.
9. Bake for 11 – 13 minutes or until the pastry has puffed and become golden brown.
10. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 3 – 5 minutes.
11. Serve hot with fresh whipped cream on top (optional).
– Where the corners of the dough overlap on top, make sure the dough is very thin and does not overlap excessively or the dough will not cook properly.
Nutella can be found in most grocery stores next to peanut butter.
If possible, use true imported Italian Nutella as the flavor is better.
It comes in a glass jar. The domestic Nutella is in a plastic jar.