The Pignoli Cookies. This is a recipe that my mom has been using for years. It was given to her by her sweet Italian coworker Josephine (along with her lemon drop cookies that we love too!) She has since passed and has no idea how her recipe has lived on in our household. Thank you Josephine for your fabulous recipe!
You may want to double this recipe because they disappear quickly!
TIME: Bake 20-25 minutes.
SERVING: Yield – 24 cookies
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 can 8 oz. almond paste (cut in sm. pieces)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix paste, sugar, egg whites, and lemon zest with a electric hand mixer .
- Drop a teaspoonful onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Gently press pine nuts onto top of cookie.