This is a delicious and easy pound cake that everyone will love!
SERVINGS: Serves 16
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
- 2 sticks (8 oz/1 cup/226g) butter or margarine (better with real butter)
- 5 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or flavoring
- 2 tsp. lemon extract or flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a large tube pan.
- Cream sugar, crisco and butter together until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time to above mixture and beat well after each addition.
- Alternately, mix in the flour, milk and flavorings until completely mixed.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.