Here is Mom’s Italian sausage and peppers. This makes a wonderful appetizer for your family and friends.
The Sausage and Peppers can be served in bite size pieces or on toasted garlic bread.
Splash on some red gravy and your all set for a juicy, tasty Italian experience.
You can use store bought or for homemade, try this fabulous family sausage recipe below.
Though time consuming, you can’t beat the taste of fresh homemade sausage.
Make a large one time batch and freeze the rest.
Your family and friends will love you for all your effort.
Put love in, get love back.
Don’t eat to live. Live to eat.
My family has been enjoying this Sausage and Peppers recipe for years and so will yours.
- 1 pound of hot or mild Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 6 baby portabello mushrooms sliced
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
- Fry meat in a deep frying pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Saute peppers,onions,mushrooms and garlic until tender.
- Add Tomatoes.
- Sprinkle in oregano and basil.
- Add meat.
- Cover and cook for around 15 minutes.
- Serve the Sausage and Peppers on toasted garlic bread or as a a side.
Source and picture: http://www.great-chicago-italian-recipes.com/sausage_and_peppers.html