Almond Paste plus sliced almonds makes a double delicious biscotti.
Prep: 20 minutes
First Baking: 35 minutes
Second baking: 20-25 minutes
Total time: 75-80 minutes
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 1 stick ( 8 tablespoons ) very cold butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 4 large egg whites (no larger)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or foil
- Add grated Almond Paste, butter, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- Mix together well, with fork or pastry cutter until crumbly. Add sliced almonds.
- Whisk together egg whites and vanilla until frothy. Add to mixture. Mix until dough holds together. Turn out onto a lightly floured counter.
- Roll dough into a 2 inch thick log. Cut in half and roll each piece 10 inches long.
- Transfer rolls to cookie sheet. Flatten to 3/4 inch thickness.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden. Cool cookie sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 3/4″ diagonal slices. Return to cookie sheet, cut side down. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. Flip and bake 10-12 minutes more.
- Cool on wire rack and store in air-tight container for 2-3 weeks.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- Parchment paper
Janet12/10/2020 at 9:14 pm
Made these today from the Odense Almond Paste box…love the toasted almond flavor you get with the almond paste. My tip: use your grater to grate your cold butter before the almond paste…makes it much easier to work the butter into the mix, as otherwise you have an 8 oz chunk of butter to deal with. No mixer needed thi way, started working it together with my hand, then used pastry mixer.