Here is the filled Raisin and Chocolate Cookies; From my Mom’s kitchen, a delicious recipe for all my friends!
SERVING: Makes 16 servings (16 cookies)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 (18 ounce) package store bought refrigerated sugar cookies
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Combine raisins, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar and orange peel in small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook over low heat 11 to 13 minutes or until raisins are plump and tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile freeze cookie dough 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Cut dough in half; return one half to freezer.
- Cut remaining half of dough into 16 (1/4-inch) slices.
- Place 8 slices on large cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- With floured hands, pat dough to 2-1/2-inch rounds. In the center of each round, place 1/2 teaspoon chocolate chips and a rounded teaspoon of raisin mixture.
- On floured surface, pat remaining dough slices into 2-1/2-inch rounds.
- Place over filling. Press around all edges with floured fork to seal.
- Bake at 350° F. for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute.
- Remove from cookie sheet. Cool.
- Repeat with remaining half of ingredients while first pan of cookies is baking. Bake as directed.