Here is Mom’s Christmas Muffins. If you like panettone, you will also like these muffins, rich in raisins and candied peels (I used orange and citron), with a spicy touch of ginger and cinnamon.
You can give them as a gift instead of cookies but remember to bake them the same day so they will be super soft.
- 250gr (1.1cup – 8.8oz) flour
- 130gr (0.6cup – 4.8oz) sugar
- 120gr (0.52cup – 4.2oz) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 100ml (0.4cup – 3.5oz) milk
- 2tsp baking powder
- 70gr (0.3cup – 2.4oz) raisins
- 70gr (0.3cup – 2.4oz) candied peels
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½tsp ginger powder
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar spices and salt.
- In another bowl quickly mix butter, egg and milk.
- Now pour in dried ingredients and finally add candied peels and raisins that you have already softened in warm water, drained and then dried with a cloth.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin (or use paper cups) and bake at 180°C (350F – gas mark 4) for 25-30 minutes.