(A Great Breakfast Bread)
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease and flour 2 bread pans.
- Cream together butter, two cups sugar, and eggs. Add buttermilk, flour, and baking soda and mix in well.
- Put half of the batter into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). In a separate bowl, mix together 2/3 cup sugar 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 cinnamon mixture on top of the half batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans, and sprinkle with the rest of cinnamon topping. Make sure to use a knife to swirl it in a little. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool in pans for about 20 minutes before removing.