The Macadamia Nut Cookies. This is the right recipe, you can knead this with your hands or use a food processor and spend five minutes.
You can also substitute macadamia nuts with almonds.
SERVING: Makes 18 biscuits
- 200gr (0.9cup – 7.2oz)flour
- 110gr (0.49cup – 3.9oz) sugar
- 130gr (0.6cup – 4.8oz) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100gr (0.44cup – 3.5oz) macadamia nuts
- Knead together flour, sugar and butter, then add eggs, vanilla extract and finally, macadamia nuts (better if you use knife to avoid them crumble).
- Form a ball and wrap it in a polythene bag, place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After this time, take the the pastry and, on a floured surface, roll it out with a rolling pin at half centimeter (¼ inch) thick, and cut out biscuits with your favourite cutter.
- I used a round one with a diameter of 5cm (2 inch) to make 18 biscuits.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake at 160° (310°F) for 20 minutes.
- Cool down a wire rack.
- Enjoy Macadamia Nut Cookies.