This is a deliciously moist cake and most delightful when using Meyer lemons.
- 2 cups + 1 tb flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 whole eggs – room temp
- pinch of salt
- 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- zest of 1 whole lemon
- 1 tb freshly sqeezed lemon juice
- 7 tbs butter – melted, cooled
- 2 – 3 tbs powdered sugar – for dusting
- 2/3 cup heavy cream – only use whole milk
Making The Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 350º and lightly grease and flour a 9-10-inch Bundt pan.
- Melt butter and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl on medium speed, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in, using a spatula, the flour mixture alternating with the cream into the egg mixture.
- Keep folding until all is well combined. Then gently fold in lemon juice, zest, melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When completely cooled, dust with powdered sugar or glaze.
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice.