½ LB LINGUINE
½ LB CRAB MEAT
4 TBS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
1 CHILI – SEEDED AND CHOPPED
2 CLOVES GARLIC – sliced
JUICE and ZEST OF 1 LARGE LEMON
¼ CUP FRESH BASIL LEAVES – shredded
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, in a medium size bowl combine all the remaining ingredients, except the basil, and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the water as a back-up.
- Add the drained pasta back to the pot and add the crab mixture and toss. If the pasta looks a little dry now is the time to keep stirring some of the reserved pasta water back into the pasta until you get the desired consistency.
- Taste for a little more salt and pepper, maybe a dash of olive oil, sprinkle with the shredded basil and pass the cheese.