The Lemon crumb pie or Crostata al Limone.
This is a delicious summer dessert and so perfect in the hot weather
because you never have to turn on your oven and the dessert is light and refreshing.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup grounds almonds
- 1 ½ cups mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt – not low-fat
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ cup butter – melted
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
For Crumb Crust:
- Combine the cookie crumbs, butter and ground almonds in a medium bowl.
- Grease and flour a 8-inch cake, an 8-inch springform pan or an 8-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Place two-thirds of the crumb mixture on the bottom of the pan, even out and press down to form the crust.
- Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, make the filling. In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, sugar and yogurt and beat at medium speed until all is well combined.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and beat until all is well mixed in.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and fold in the whipped cream.
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and add the filling. Smoothing the top when finished but do not pack down.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture scattering them evenly over the top of the filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.