The lemon cream cheese cake or cheese cake alla crema di limone. Creamy, smooth and lightly lemon flavored this 7-inch cheesecake is nice for smaller families!
SERVINGS: Serves 6
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Combine crumbs, butter and sugar and press onto bottom of a 7-inch springform pan.
- Bake for five minutes and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- In blender beat sugar, eggs and cream cheese; add butter and extract.
- Pour into crust and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Cake will be loose in middle but will firm up after chilling.
- Refrigerate overnight before removing sides of springform pan.
- Slice into wedges and serve with fresh strawberries if you wish.
- Bon appetit!