We are at the Beach and as I’ve mentioned every family takes a turn cooking. One of our dish is the awesome Lemon Broccolini. The grandkids took a turn too.
They are pleased with their menu.
Grandchildren’s healthy dinner.
- 1 cup Italian bread – cubed
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs basil – chopped
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 ½ lb fresh broccolini
- 1 tb olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes – optional
- Process bread in a food processor for about 1 minute until it is coarse and crumbly. Preferably, use a bread that is a day or two old.
- Melt the butter with the garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stir while cooking for 2 or 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir in the lemon zest and the basil and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile cook Broccolini in boiling salted water for 3 – 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well.
- Toss the Broccolini with the lemon juice zest, olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Add red pepper flakes now, if using.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.