These tasty cookies are a rich blend of lemon and almond.
20-25 minutes to assemble
1 hour to chill
10-12 minutes to bake per tray
Approx: 4 1/2 dozen
- 1-7 oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick (4 oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind (1 large lemon)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from grated lemon)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Confectioner’s sugar
- Beat Almond Paste, sugar, butter, egg, lemon rind and juice until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into almond mixture. Mix until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Dough stays well in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape dough into one inch balls and roll in Confectioner’s sugar. Tip: We used a #100 cookie scoop for consistency and ease.
- Place balls on baking sheets 2-3 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and lightly colored around edges. Place sheets on wire racks until cookies are cool. Store cookies in air-tight container between layers of wax paper.