Oh what’s in a name?
Italian Wedding Cookies, Viennese Crescents, Mexican Wedding Cookies … they’re all pretty much the same buttery little cookie drenched in powder sugar.
SERVING: Makes 30 cookies
- 1 cup Butter, Softened
- ¼ cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk flour and almond meal; add to butter/sugar mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls (a spoonful) or crescents and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After baking, transfer to a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes (you don’t want the sugar to melt when rolling).
- Place 1 cup of powdered sugar into small bowl and roll cooled cookies till coated.
Source and pictures: https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/italian-wedding-cookies-2/