Here is the best recipe of the Italian Summer Yogurt Cake. Soft and light, this yogurt and peach cake is the perfect summer treat.
SERVINGS: Serves 6
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 package vanilla powder (or vanilla extract)
- 4 white peaches
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt to taste
- 3 eggs
- confectioners sugar to taste
- Before you prepare the cake, soften the butter at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with 1/3 cup sugar, then incorporate the egg yolks.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form sift peaks, then fold them into the other mixture.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones, stirring with a whisk or a wooden spoon, making movements from the bottom up.
- Once the cake batter is well-mixed, add the yogurt and peaches, peeled and diced.
- Butter cake pan and dust it with breadcrumbs.
- Add the batter and cook the cake in a 350 ° F for 35 minutes.
- Once ready, remove the cake from the oven, turn it upside down on a serving dish and, once cool, the cake may be served dusted with powdered sugar.
Source: Academia Barilla