The Italian Stuffed Squid. A simple, yet flavorful stuffing makes these squid simple irresistible.
SERVING: Serves 4
- 4 squids
- 5 oz breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the squid and remove the tentacle tips, placing them aside.
- Prepare the stuffing by mincing the tentacles and mixing them with chopped anchovy, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Then mix in 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Stuff the squid with this soft smooth mixture, then place them in a frying pan with the remaining oil.
- Brown well on all sides for a couple of minutes, then add the white wine and finish cooking, adding a little water in necessary.
- Serve hot.
If you want your squid to be slightly crispy, after cooking place them in a 400°F oven to broil them for 5 minutes.
Source: Academia Barilla
Meet Anita Augello – The woman behind all of these Italian favorites.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes and stories.