The Italian stuffed peaches best recipe. In this recipe, the slight tartness of the almonds and the delicate flavor of the peach perfectly balance with the sweetness of this summer dessert.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 8 peaches
- 4 oz almonds, peeled
- 1 bread roll, soaked in milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 oz sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Choose peaches that are not too ripe.
- Divide in half, and using a knife with a sharp tip, remove the pit and a bit of the flesh, in order to create a space for the filling.
- Grease an oven proof dish with butter and lay the peaches in.
- Prepare the filling; soak the bread in the milk and squeeze it out.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Crush the almonds in a mortar.
- Mix together all the ingredients above with the flesh of the peaches.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold them into the filling.
- Stuff the peaches with the prepared mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes at 300 °F.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
- A variant consists in substituting the almonds with chopped macaroons.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla