This tangy Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti recipe has always been a family favorite.
This recipe is a little different than your traditional arrabbiata sauce.
I like to use fresh diced Roma tomatoes so the sauce remains a little thick and chunky,
The amount of spice that you use while preparing this Spicy Shrimp Pomodoro Sauce is entirely up to you. I personally like a lot of spice in this dish. It blends well with the shrimp.
SERVING: 4 people
- 1 pound of spaghetti pasta
- 1 pound of medium size shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 2 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tblsof butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 Tbls of dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 10 Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in 5 quarts of boiling salted water until al dente. Around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, fry the shrimp in the butter and olive oil for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté the onions, shallot and garlic in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and cook for another minute.
- Add the white wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the chopped tomatoes , oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. Add the shrimp back into the pan the last 10 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta to the pan and coat thoroughly.
- Serve your spicy shrimp spaghetti with Parmesan cheese.