Spaghetti with tuna sauce is very quick and easy Italian dish.
- ¾ lb (350 g) of short pasta
- 1 2/3 cups (400 g) of tomato puree
- 7 oz (200 g) of drained tuna
- 2 fillets of anchovy
- 1 pinch of chili pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Put 4 tbsp of oil in a frying pan, add the minced garlic, the fillets of anchovy, the chili pepper and stir until the anchovy is melted.
- Add the tuna and let it flavor for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree into the frying pan, let the sauce reduce a bit (for 5-10 minutes) and salt to taste.
- Add the chopped parsley, stir and the tuna sauce is ready.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook following packet directions or until al dente.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, let it flavor for a few seconds.
- Spaghetti with tuna sauce is now ready to be served.