Here is the terrific Italian spaghetti with tomato sauce. Easy, simple and delicious Italian classic recipe.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- ¾ lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ lb canned tomatoes
- 3 ½ oz onion
- 1 ½ oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium and sauté the onion and whole garlic clove until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Raise heat to high and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- Remove the garlic clove and add the basil to the onion-tomato mixture.
- If the tomatoes are particularly acidic, you can add a teaspoon of sugar.
- Cook the spaghetti in the boiling salted water until al dente; drain.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and top with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Source: Academia Barilla