The Italian Sausage and Pepper Frittata. This is a great idea to use leftover sausage and peppers from last night…..or like me, just make it from scratch, it takes no time to whip up.
I used a small non-stick skillet (8″), however, if you are making this for a crowd, use 8 eggs and a larger skillet, along with more sausage and peppers. It’s not brain surgery.
Sausage & Pepper Frittata: 6 small slices
- 5 eggs
- 1 good quality Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- handful of chopped fresh basil
- enough olive oil to coat the pan
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a non-stick skillet heat some olive oil and crumble the sausage. Cook on medium heat until no longer pink.
Add in the peppers and onion and cook for another few minutes until the onion is getting soft.
- Mix up the eggs in a bowl and pour then into the skillet w/ the sausage mixture.
- Cook until the edges are set, tilting the pan so the middle of the omelet gets set, about 5 minutes, tops.
- While the middle is still wet, crumble the feta cheese on top.
- Place the skillet directly into the preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes, just until the top is golden.
- Slide the frittata out of the skillet onto a serving plate and cut into wedges.