The Italian Sand Cookies. Easy, peasy and yummy!
These cookies are so delicate and delicious, I sometimes decorate them with chop chips, sprinkles and leave plain and dip half in melted chocolate.
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour.
- ½ cup of cornstarch.
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ cup of butter.
- 1 ¼ cups of confectioners’ sugar.
- 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract.
- 2 eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients together and put the dough in a pipe bag with large star tip.
- Place the cookies on baking sheets and bake in a preheated oven to 375° for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Feel free to decorate the cookies as you like.