This classic Italian recipe is perfect for meat-lovers because it brings out the flavor of the pork.
SERVING: Serves 4
- 4 pork shanks
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ½ oz butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 sprig rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups broth
- Place the pork shins in a baking dish lined with parchment paper, butter, oil, halved onions, peeled garlic and the rosemary.
- Rub with the butter and oil, then bake in a 400°F oven.
- Once the meat has browned, add the wine and continue cooking.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add 1 cup of broth or hot water.
- Add more broth or water when the pan is dry. Continue cooking and adding liquid for 3 hours.
- Make sure that the shins are never dry.
- When done, the shins should be tender.
- Remove them from the baking dish and serve with potatoes or salad.
Source and picture: Academia Barilla