Ricotta Cake is a sweet very simple and quick to prepare. With a few, but wholesome ingredients you get a soft and delicious desserts.
Of fundamental importance, for optimum results, it is the fresh ricotta day .
Servings: 6-8 makes
For The Pasta Frolla (pie pastry):
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at cool room temperature, cut into pieces
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
For The Filling:
- 1 pound (or 15 oz. container) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup citron, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup dark raisins, soaked in good-quality rum to cover or Golden Raisins
For Pasta Frolla (pie crust):
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Butter and flour a 9-inch (23-cm) tart pan with removable bottom or a 9-inch springform pan with removable sides.
- In a food processor, process flour and sugar.
- Add butter, and pulse several times.
- Add eggs one at a time, process until just mixed in.
- Then add grated lemon zest and pulse a few times.
- Remove pastry from processor, and shape pastry into a disc and wrap in plastic.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove pastry from refrigerator, and bring to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Cut off one-third of the pastry and set aside.
- Lightly flour a marble or wooden surface and roll out the larger piece of dough into a circle slightly larger than the tart pan or (springform pan, if using); drape it over the rolling pin and unfold onto the pan.
- Pressing lightly with the fingers, fit the pastry into the pan.
- Cut off the excess and add to the pastry set aside.
- Set pan aside.
Prepare The Filling:
- Put the ricotta through a food mill and add the sugar, mixing roughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add all the other ingredients, including the rum in which the raisins have soaked, then pour the ricotta filling into the prepared shell.
- Roll out the reserved pastry on a lightly floured wooden or marble surface and cut into strips 1 inch (5 cm) wide.
- Lattice the strips on top of the pie.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before turning out.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Lemon Pound Cake