The Italian Rice-stuffed Tomatoes. This flavorful first course can be served either hot or cold.
SERVINGS: Serves 4
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 oz Rice
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- oregano, chopped to taste
- basil to taste
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them horizontally near the stem.
- The top piece will act as a cap for the stuffed tomatoes.
- Use a spoon to remove the pulp and place it in a mixer or blender.
- Chop the tomato pulp with the garlic, a couple basil leaves and a pinch of oregano.
- Place the tomato mixture in a bowl.
- Add salt, olive oil, add rice and mix well.
- Stuff the tomatoes with this mixture.
- Cover with their tops and place them in a baking dish.
- Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and cook in a 320°F degrees for about 40-45 minutes.
- Once ready, you can serve the stuffed tomatoes either hot or cold.
Source: Academia Barilla