Italian raspberry tiramisu – a new recipe for preparing one of the most classical desserts of the Italian cuisine.
Instead of coffee we use tasty raspberries.
- 1 lb berries (wild strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc)
- 1 lb Mascarpone cheese
- 4 oz sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup Marsala wine
- 12 Ladyfingers
- ⅛ oz cocoa powder
- Pass the fruits through a sieve to collect the juice.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese with the sugar in a bowl.
- Whip the egg yolks in bain-marie for 5 minutes or until the change to a lighter color, add them to the mascarpone cheese with the Marsala wine.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and gently add them to the rest of the mix.
- In a glass pan place a layer of ladyfinger biscuits, brush them over with the raspberry juice and cover with a layer of mascarpone cheese.
- Repeat twice and then top with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Complete by decorating the top with a few raspberries.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
To get perfectly whipped egg whites, remember to add a pinch of salt before whisking and make sure that there are no traces of egg yolk or any other type of fat on the whisk or in the bowl.